Monday, April 25, 2011

It's a Book

It's a Book
By Lane Smith
Roaring Brook, 2010. 1 vol, unpaged. Picture book

As a monkey tries to read a book, his friend, a donkey, questions him about it--can you blog with it, where's the mouse, etc. The monkey repeatedly responds no and tries to explain that it's a book. This is a funny, tongue-in-cheek book with a bit of surprise at the end, which has stirred up a bit of controversy, because many people feel it's not appropriate for children. For me, I have to say I wouldn't necessarily want to give this to my children...but I also think I'd get a bigger kick out of sharing it with adults. Although it's a picture book, for me it seems like it's one that would be funnier for adults than kids anyway. I don't think younger kids would understand it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment