Tuesday, May 29, 2018

More Than Meets the Eye

More Than Meets the Eye by Karen Witemeyer

Logan Fowler is finally going to get justice. He's spent years preparing to face the man who cheated his father in a card game, winning the deed to the Fowler farm, which led Logan's father to kill himself. Now Logan has purchased the land next to his former home and he's ready to force Zacharias Hamilton to play another round of cards. What Logan isn't ready for is Zach Hamilton's sister, Evangeline, who is friendly and cheerful and brings sunshine and laughter into his life.
Evie isn't used to being accepted--with one brown eye and one blue, she's viewed as odd or even evil--so when Logan doesn't seem to mind her eyes and enjoys her company, she's happily surprised. She knows he has secrets and has been hurt in the past, but she also knows that God's grace can help him, if Logan will only let Him.

I love this book! Eva is terrific--so spunky and cheerful and fun. The attraction between her and Logan, who has a great mixture of good characteristics and flaws, is well-developed and believable. Zach might have stolen the show a little bit, though--I'm a sucker for a man who is tough on the outside but a softie on the inside, so I can't wait for his book! There were so many laugh-out-loud moments in this book, as well as swoon-worthy sweet romantic moments, and good reminders about God's grace. I thoroughly enjoyed this book--there wasn't anything I dislike other than the fact that now I have to wait awhile until Karen Witemeyer's next book comes out.

5 stars! This is one of my picks for Best of 2018!

I read an ARC via NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment