Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Number of Love

The Number of Love (Codebreakers #1)
By Roseanna M. White
Publisher: Bethany House
Release date: June 4, 2019

Margot De Wilde loves her work as a codebreaker for England's intelligence network during WWI. Numbers are her life, something she has always been able to depend on, figure out, and follow. But when tragedy strikes, even her beloved numbers can't help her make sense of life.
Drake Elton first meets Margot when he takes his sister Dot to her new job as a secretary for the codebreakers. He's intrigued by Margot, who is different from other women, and he's pleased that she and Dot, who struggles with anxiety, become friends. His work as an agent in Spain keeps him from getting to know her better--but when he is injured and returns to England to recover, he quickly finds that Margot is the girl for him. But how can he get Margot, who cares only for numbers, to realize that following her heart isn't a bad thing?

Loved it. I loved the setting--seeing the British codebreaking going on during WWI was really interesting, and I loved how Margot was right in the middle of it. Margot cracked me up; I loved her no-nonsense, straightforward approach and how she would hold her own whenever she was challenged. I also liked watching her journey to see beyond numbers. Drake was great as well; I liked how sweet he was in trying to court Margot, really thinking about what she would like, and how he supported her and how he would push just enough but not too much. I really, really enjoyed it. 5 stars.

I read a copy of the book via #NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment