Saturday, June 20, 2020

A Bride of Convenience

A Bride of Convenience (The Bride Ships #3)
By Jody Hedlund
Published by Bethany House
Publication Date: June 30th

Description:
Upon discovering an abandoned baby, Pastor Abe Merivale joins efforts with Zoe Hart, one of the newly arrived bride-ship women, to care for the infant. With mounting pressure to find the baby a home, Abe and Zoe get married. But after a hasty wedding, they soon realize their marriage of convenience is not so convenient after all.

Review:
This might just be my new favorite book by Jody Hedlund--and with how much I've enjoyed all of her books, that's saying something. I loved Zoe from the get-go; she was so sweet and always caring for others. Her absolute devotion to Violet, a half-white, half-Indian child whom a lot of people would have rejected, was just so sweet. Zoe's mother-heart, combined with her spunk, just drew me in right away. Abe was lovable, too, although there were a couple times I wanted to smack him upside the head for not realizing how wonderful Zoe was. However, he had a good heart as well and truly wanted to help others and was trying to follow a plan he thought would allow him to do that. Seeing his journey and ultimate realization of what God was truly calling him to do was such an engaging story that it kept me interested just as much as the romance did. I just devoured this book, enjoying every minute of it. Definitely one of my favorite books of the year!
5 stars.
I read an ARC provided by the publisher via #NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment