Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Escape to Everly Manor

Escape to Everly Manor
By Chalon Linton

Lizzy will do anything to protect her younger brother Thomas, so when she realizes her Uncle Cline, their father's estranged brother who claimed their estate and became their guardian after their parents' deaths, plans to send him to join the crew of a merchant vessel, she is determined to keep that from happening. They escape on the journey to the ship and take refuge in an abandoned cabin, and they soon find an ally in Mr. Barton, a handsome young man who wants to help this mysterious girl and her brother.
Barton knows that Lizzy isn't telling him everything, and his mother warns him against trusting her, but he can't turn his back on her and will do all he can to keep her safe and show her that she can trust him with her entire story--and with her heart.
I really enjoyed Barton's kindness and Lizzy's devotion to her brother. I also enjoyed it when Lizzy would banter with Barton, and I also enjoyed the fact that Barton actually slugged someone in the course of the story. There were some points where I started to lose interest, but all in all, I enjoyed it.
3.5 stars.
I read an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment