Friday, September 25, 2020

A Hopeful Christmas

A Hopeful Christmas 
Published by Covenant Communications 
Publication Date: October 1st, 2020 

Description:
Lord Blakely's Gift by Anneka R. Walker 
When Miss Ivy Hunt and Lord Curtis Blakely establish a secret acquaintance, neither can deny that their feelings extend beyond friendship. But as the children of bitter rivals, it will take a Christmas miracle for this star-crossed pair to reach their happily ever after. 

A Season of Hope by Sian Ann Bessy 
Following the death of her father, Amelia knows Christmas will be lean. But when circumstances become dire, it is the unexpected arrival of a childhood friend that renews Amelia’s hope—both for the future and for love. 

Christmas by the Sea by Carla Kelly 
After two years at sea with the Royal Navy, surgeon Will Crenshaw longs for a quiet Christmas with his family. But when unrest at home threatens to ruin the holidays, it takes the kindly intervention of a mysterious house sitter to remind them of the true meaning of the season. 

Expectations at Canterwood by Krista Lynne Jensen 
Marina Rowley is a spinster, Richard Stanhope a war-weary military man. A case of mistaken identity throws them together, but the unexpected stirrings of their hearts lead to an unforgettable holiday romance.

Review:
This entire collection was delightful! I enjoyed each story and can't even pick a favorite.
Lord Blakely's Gift: I loved how Ivy and Curtis first bumped into each other, and I loved seeing how Curtis opened up not just to Ivy but to others as he and Ivy worked together to try to find the owner of a lost purse. This was a sweet and funny story.
A Season of Hope: I liked reading about Phillip's return home and how Amelia's family kept their spirits up even during hardships--and how that in turn helped both Phillip and his father. 
Christmas by the Sea: Will Crenshaw and his family stole my heart. I love how this story is from Will's perspective and we get to read his thoughts about his wife and children. It was just so endearing. It wasn't what I was expecting from a Regency story, since it focuses on the everyday life of a common family, rather than the balls and house parties of the ton, but it was excellent. I smiled so much while I was reading this story.
Expectations at Canterwood: I loved this story as well! Like the first story, there was a cute meeting. Marina felt so real to me--her fears and worries just really came through in the writing. Richard was dashing and kind and it was terrific how he got to know Marina and pursued her even though she had built up walls around herself. 
This was such a great collection! I already want to go back and reread the stories!
5 stars and one of my picks for the Best Books of 2020.
I read an ARC provided by the publisher. All opinions are my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment