Friday, September 30, 2016

The Sheriffs of Savage Wells

The Sheriffs of Savage Wells
By Sarah M. Eden

Cade O'Brien is the best lawman in the west--but he's sick of shooting people and the mess that comes with being sheriff in busy towns. So when Savage Wells, a tiny town with no real threats, advertises for a new sheriff, Cade sets out to get the job. He's not anticipating going up against Paisley Bell for the job, though. Paisley has been acting as sheriff for the past several months, and she knows she can do the job--and she needs the job in order to pay for the care her father, who is slipping into dementia, needs--but she has to convince the town that she's the best candidate. She and Cade initially butt heads, but then they slowly come to appreciate one another. However, as their feelings for each other grow, they both know that Savage Wells isn't big enough for two sheriffs.

I LOVED this book. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I am a big Sarah Eden fan, and I like all of her books, but this one just might be my new favorite--which is saying something, because Friends & Foes has been my favorite for YEARS. Cade O'Brien gets to join the list (alongside Jack Elliott from These Is My Words) with my favorite male book characters. Love him. Paisley was awesome, too. I loved their banter back and forth, and I loved the quirky characters in Savage Wells. Ah! I can't say enough good things about this book; I seriously LOVED it. 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment