Friday, October 13, 2017

For Love or Honor

For Love or Honor by Sarah M. Eden

Stanley fell for Marjie the first time he met her, and her sweetness helped him as he healed from an injury he received as a British soldier fighting Napoleon's army. When Napoleon escaped and Stanley had to lead his men in the horrifying battle of Waterloo, it was thoughts of Marjie and re-reading her letters that kept him going. However, having been severely wounded physically and even more so emotionally, Stanley knows he can't share with Marjie the darkness that is inside him. While he might have to face her sometimes, as she's staying with her sister (who is married to his brother), Stanley is determined to keep his distance as much as he can. Marjie doesn't know exactly what has changed Stanley, but she's determined to help him heal--and find a way that they can be together as they'd both hoped.


I loved this book so much. It was so well-written, not glossing over the horrors of war or how the soldiers were impacted. It hurt seeing Stanley hurt; I love ALL of the Jonquils but he is so honorable and so vulnerable that he just tugged at my heart so much. And sweet Marjie--I loved seeing how she cared for him. I loved seeing other favorites from the series and getting to see some new characters--Pluck alone made the book worth reading! He made me laugh so much.There are truly beautiful, touching moments in this book (like when Stanley's niece Caroline finds out he's wounded), and I can't wait to reread it.

5 stars! One of my favorites of the year for sure!

 I read a copy of the book via NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment