Thursday, March 1, 2018

A Loyal Heart

A Loyal Heart by Jody Hedlund

Olivia will do whatever she can to help her family, so when she and her sister Isabelle are captured by one of their father's enemies, Olivia is determined to find a way for them to escape. Aldric, the commander of her enemy's forces, though, is just as determined to keep them from escaping. As Aldric takes the women to Lord Pitt, he finds himself caring for Olivia in a way he hasn't cared for anyone since his deceased wife--but knowing what a failure he was in his previous marriage, he can't let anything come of his feelings, even if there was a way to do so. But he can try to protect Olivia when she starts snooping around Lord Pitt's castle, determined to do what her father has asked of her.

I have loved the previous books in this series, so I was super excited when I found out there was going to be a fourth one, and I absolutely loved it! Aldric was just so good and strong, and Olivia was so feisty and determined; I just loved both of them. Really terrific characters--and then you throw in a captivating plot, some suspense and intensity as we wait to see how things play out--and this was a really terrific book. I'm really hoping there will be more books in this series!

Although it's the fourth book in the series, you do not have to read the other books for this one to make sense.

I received a copy of the book from the author. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment