Friday, January 13, 2023

Hearts of Steel (Blackstone Legacy #3) by Elizabeth Camden


Hearts of Steel (Blackstone Legacy #3)
By Elizabeth Camden
Published by Bethany House

Description from the publisher:
Maggie Molinaro survived a hardscrabble childhood in the downtrodden streets of Manhattan to become a successful businesswoman. After a decade of sacrifice, she now owns a celebrated ice cream company, but when she offends a corrupt banker, she unwittingly sets off a series of calamities that threaten to destroy her life's work.
Liam Blackstone is a charismatic steel magnate committed to overhauling factory conditions for the steelworkers of America. Standing in his way is the same villain determined to ruin Maggie. What begins as a practical alliance to defeat a common enemy soon evolves into a romance between two wounded people determined to beat the odds.
A spiraling circle of treachery grows increasingly dangerous as Liam and Maggie risk their lives and fortune for the good of the city. It will require all their wit and ingenuity to navigate the dangerous waters ahead, but their crusade could cost them everything.

Review:
I was already in the middle of three books when this one arrived in the mail, but I paused all of them and started this one because I've been eagerly awaiting Liam's story. I knew from the first book in the series that I would like his book the best, and I was totally right. Normally it takes me a few days to get through a book because I don't have large chunks of time to read, but I devoured this one and finished it in less than two days--every spare minute I had, I grabbed my copy to continue reading.
Liam and Maggie are quite possibly my favorite of Elizabeth Camden's characters ever (and I've read all of her books). I just loved them. Liam just felt so real, with his flaws and his temper and his numerous mistakes--and with his huge heart that keeps him fighting for those he cares about. Maggie was a great complement to him--hard-working and practical and determined. I loved them each individually as well as together.
I also loved the historical details--it was just fascinating to get a glimpse at how Maggie made ice cream, how ice was delivered, and how other businesses worked. I also found it fascinating that Liam and Maggie's enemy was actually a real person in history. The details were rich and woven so well into the story. This book hooked me from the start, and my interest never waned. Just an exciting, entertaining read from start to finish!
5 stars!

I read a copy of the book provided by the author/publisher. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment