Sunday, January 15, 2023

My First Veggie Bible Stories


My First Veggie Bible Stories
Written by by Pamela Kennedy and Anne Kennedy Brady
Illustrated by Jerry Pittenger
Published by Worthy Publishing


Description from the publisher:
Join the VeggieTales characters as they share favorite Bible stories and introduce young readers to the Bible.
Guaranteed to appeal to little ones, My First Veggie Bible Stories brings fans a collection of twelve favorite Bible stories. With retellings of stories selected from the Old and New Testaments, this book serves as an ideal introduction to the Bible for little ones, with the signature charm of a brand beloved by kids and long trusted by parents.
Told with simple, engaging language, the stories are accompanied by bright, colorful illustrations featuring Bob, Larry, Junior Asparagus, Laura Carrot, and other favorite VeggieTales characters. This padded board book is just the right companion for little ones, perfect for on-the-go reading or family storytime.

Review:
What a cute book! I pulled it out intending to read it with my three-year-old, but before I had a chance, my nine-year-old twins and my six-year-old each read it on their own! And when I did get a chance to read it with my three-year-old, my older children listened in, even though they'd previously read it. All of my children agreed that it has great pictures and they liked the stories that were chosen and that it was easy to understand what the stories were about. Even my three-year-old good recite back details from each story after we read them, so I love how it's helping her learn Bible stories at a young age. My nine-year-old son said it would be awesome if there were even more stories in the book because he wanted to read more! As a parent, I found it to be very accessible to young children as well as engaging for them. I love each of the twelve stories included and love this easy way to start a discussion with my children about what we can learn from them. The only thing I might have changed is to include the story of Jesus Christ's death because the final story talks about His resurrection (but it's not a big deal that it wasn't included; it was just a small thing that I noticed). All in all, I think the book is excellent, and my kids all agree!
5 stars.
 
I read a copy of the book provided by the publisher. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment