Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Squiggly Story

A Squiggly Story
By Andrew Larsen and Mike Lowery

A little boy sees his sister writing stories and wants to be able to do the same--but he doesn't know how to write words yet. His sister encourages him to start with a single letter, so he does, and from there, he finds that he CAN write a story, just using what he does know.

I loved this book; it totally reminded me of my three-year-old twins, who like to "write" even though don't really know how; but they will scribble down a bunch of letters, lines, squiggles, etc. and then proceed to tell me all about what it says. So, this book really struck home with me; it was realistic and also sweet to see how the sister encouraged her little brother and how he was able to find his voice, so to speak.
5 stars.
I read a copy through NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment