Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs
By Nadine Brun-Cosme and Aurelie Guillerey
Matthew's dad's green car has a little trouble starting in the morning, so Mathew is worried about how he'll get home from school. His dad quickly reassures him that he'll use whatever means available--the neighbor's red tractor, two bunnies to hop under his feet, a green dragon, etc.--to pick him up from school. And if all else fails, he provides an answer that lets Matthew know Daddy won't leave him at school.

I loved the message of this book, how his dad will find a way to take care of him. It's sweet and reassuring and will make kids laugh while at the same time, provide the reassurance they need that they won't be left behind. The illustrations aren't my personal favorite (I prefer a more realistic style), but I think kids will enjoy them as well.
4 stars.
I read a copy via NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment